Saturday 17 December 2011

Pies and scotch eggs are imminent





It's been a long time since I last wrote a blog. I will demonstrate this by reminding you of some things which have happened in this time:

A tyrant destroyed - end of the line for Muammar Gadaffi
Big Apple - purveyor of overrated technology dies (not sure why I'm trolling on my own blog- sorry iFans)
Little Britain- Cameron's lack of attention in GCSE diplomacy sidelines UK in Europe
Borderline- Theresa May just about holds onto her job

But you didn't come here for my ill-informed and deliberately provocative take on recent world events did you? Or course not! You're here to read my witterings, look at photos and then not read recipes!

Believe it or not the reason I haven't blogged for so long is because Claire and I have been very busy. Actually busy, not just sitting on the sofa watching TV busy.
We have: been to Blackpool to see transvestites dance; visited Amsterdam on a stag do (steak, beer, Jagermeister and Dragon™ since you ask); hen do in Newcastle; investigated the town of Reading in most unseasonal weather; decided to buy a house in 2012; worn a morning suit for the first and, possibly, last time; ushered, (first time) bridesmaided (second) and DJ'd (umpteenth) at a wedding; said farewell to some dear West London friends; hung out with some awesome, shiny, new people (Max!); registered a website name; bought a stupid amount of Sci-Fi books; and, most significantly on a day to day level, left 3 jobs between the pair of us...

We've worked with some lovely people over these 3 jobs. Sad to say farewell, but change is usually good. Here's to you former colleagues ! Thank you Mr Haden, Mr Whittles, Ms Torney, Ms Fitton, Mr Preston, Super Shems, and Mouse.






(some of these are not my photos)

Pictorial representations of the jobs we have left

OK, excuses for lack of blogging made, and I'm off work for three weeks with plenty of time for blogging, so let's move on. Now it's my birthday in the next few days and I suppose it is a big(ish) one. One that ends in a zero. The lovely Claire has arranged for a visit to a local pub tonight to celebrate, no mean feat this close to Christmas when everyone is so busy, so I've decided to make some pre/post pub snacks for people. I've got a bit carried away and now have plans to make three kinds of snack pie and scotch eggs. I did a lot of the work last night but they are all a work in progress so not any photos yet. I am committed to writing about each one over the coming weeks though. Watch this space!







No comments:

Post a Comment

If you enjoyed this please let me know -comments are welcomed and in fact encouraged!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...